Re: Burnside / Parsing 'That's' / Another Case / RE: (TV) Dylan + Ci vil War -- Verlaine too? tv@obbard.com

--- "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:
> Re:  your " ... **another case**  of being inspired
> by Dylan".

i think some argument could be made for dylan's
influence on tom as a vocalist -- not that verlaine
sounds like dylan, but in the idea that someone who
doesn't have a "good" voice would sing lead anyway,
and make the best of it.  and certainly the whole idea
of rock and roll poetry, or however you would term it
-- dylan certainly set the mold for that; verlaine and
hell followed.

> What I recall is that these pages mentioned a few
> weeks[?]
> in the mid-1970's when Patti Smith and her
> then-boyfriend, TV,
> hung out with Dylan on his nightly walks and visits
> around NYC
> (similar--but less frequent---to how Doug Sahm did
> back then).
> I'd like to know if TV said much or if Patti did
> most of the
> talking. :>)

oh, i just noticed your smiley.  'nuff said.