Re: (TV) Not so OT: Is music less precious?

I don't get this hype about mp3 players really, it
seems pretty ridicolous to me. The only time I carry
my portable cd-player with me is when I go to my
hometown so I won't be bored throughout that journey.
I dislike being exposed to music, which mostly is crap
pop music in supermarkets, anywhere else but home.
I admit to downloading mp3s, sue me for that but
actually that makes me buy more records. I regard them
as teasers and if I like an album I'll go and buy it.
It's a great way of getting to know bands that aren't
mentioned in the usual music papers. Besides, if it
comes to certain bands buying vinyls is an advantage
since there are extra songs on. I definitely bought
more vinyl this year than cds just because it lasts
longer. I don't wanna throw stuff away in 20 years
because it simply doesn't work anymore if I can have
something that's more durable, not to mention a
harddrive simply failing and all the music would be
lost. And the artwork is bigger, too. :D

And to stay on topic: http://discorder.citr.ca/regulars/03augfuck.html