RE: (TV) Is music less precious?

Okay, at least I didn't get flamed.
Keith, Monk...chill out!  I'm just wondering, is all.
And Phil, it's a nice analogy, but it doesn't hold water.  You may be able
to buy books anywhere, but you've got to make time to read them - something
you admit isn't always possible.  You can't read books at work, while
driving, while shopping, while blocking my access to the sake while debating
which cheap ass merlot to buy - well, I suppose one *could* do all those
things, but I wouldn't recommend it (try reading something while crossing
any Manhattan intersection.  I dare ya.  I double dog dare ya!).  To me,
music (usually by Dave Matthews or Coldplay, like there's a difference) has
been reduced to sonic wallpaper by not only its availability, but its
portability.   But that's just my opinion, YMMV.  Thanks, all, for the
interesting opinions on this subject.  Go in peace.