(TV) Verlaine's Royalties / Tom's Dirty Laundry

Another from National Public Radio:

"Tom Verlaine is best known for his 1970s band, Television,

but he has since established himself as a solo artist.

We use this CD [CD Warm and Cool(Rykodisc)] quite a

bit on All Things Considered."

We've touched on the size of Tom's song royalties before

know how royalties are estimated when a radio station just

plays 15-20 second snippets?  Are the royalties prorated

because snippet so short or does he get the full standard

amount he would for an entire song?  (I ask this because

over the years I've heard NPR use snippets of W&C a lot

over the years.)

Also from NPR:

Over the next week Lester Bangs is our guide through New York;

drinking and yelling  wandering round the Village.... Lester

is hilarious, a permanently outraged and outrageous

conversationalist. He bemoans the current state of the West

Village: This is where the Velvet Underground used to live,

now the only person you ever run into is Wendy O'-xxxxin'-Williams...

***Why do I have to see Tom Verlaine washing his socks every time

I go to the laundromat? He does his best to be offensive and he's

pretty good at it. On Patti Smith: She looks like a dead dog

on the side of the road (which he credited to the Runaways), or

She is one unappealing piece of flounder (which I'm sure was

one of his own).***

He rounds off a particularly disgusting tale about Lou Reed, a

hooker and an alleged glass coffee table with Why are all our

heroes perverts? Out of the blue he offers to write the sleeve

notes for our next record. We hadn't planned to make one but

why not?... He sits cross-legged on the floor and types furiously

for an hour ...

http://www.npr.org/programs/theride/jlangford/bangs.html