Re: (TV) Children of Nuggets

--- Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:
> Is that the same song as "I Thought" on The Cover Doesn't Matter? I
> noted
> that it (the TCDM song) is copyright 1978, and the sound --
> especially the
> voice -- is incredibly reminiscent of Television's Adventure.

Yes. Lloyd wrote & produced this song (the dB's first A-side - before
Peter Holsapple had even joined, I believe) in 1978, just before
Television broke up. He plays most of the instruments on the track
too, under pseudonyms ("Marvin Gardens", etc.).

This will the only the 2nd time this track has appeared on CD. The
first was a long out of print Rhino DIY comp from 1993.
Interestingly, it's never appeared on any dB's album or compilation.

--Phil