Minor Miracles / Leo's anti-smokin' Campaign / RE: (TV) TV angst. ..

>Re. my post yesterday on Goddot, Verlaine, and the need f
>or a little actionable information... I have to admit to
>feeling a slight case of TV angst.

Russ, I feel your angst; I'm 89.66% serious--even get a bad
feeling in my chest sometimes :>)

As long as were going to get somewhat serious with references
to Waiting For Goddot:

Many years ago, one of my favorite films had been just
about destroyed as for 26 years it languished in obscurity
and worse (various cut-versions, the beautiful colors in its
film-stock were all fading, the original master's original
negative was close to turning into dust, etc.).  Then a minor
miracle happened and it was completely restored and re-released.

With Tom and future releases, I think we need a minor miracle.
don't think he has much time left on this planet--so every
'delay' or untoward event by him or record companies,
or .... tends to get magnified in my mind. (I, of course,
realize he owes no one---least of all us---anything
regarding his future musical output.)

I had a short discussion with another MM Lister recently,
and expressed some thoughts (concern[?]) about TV's  smoking.
Despite some well-meaning reassurances from the Lister, I think
TV is a *very* heavy smoker whose health was never that great to
begin with  (there's a couple of interviews--granted old---in
which he refers to his fact).

A good source told me awhile back:  that smoked Lucky Strikes
for several years; then he hit the more sophisticated smooth
stuff from Canada (Export A); around '86 he went to a
hypnotist, who got him to quit for six months; now he's smoking
a brand called American Spirit because it is supposedly
organic; he smokes at least two packs a day.

But smoking's probably more addictive than heroin.

Sorry for being so serious-sounding and morbid. (And its none
of my business what he does in his personal life---but once
every couple of years I have to get this subject off of my
chest. But Hey, at least I'm not talking about his sex life.)