(TV) Keith's Quiz / Public Service Announcement

> .... recall all Verlaine minutiae!

Hey, 3 weeks ago, immediately after I hit my the e-mail SEND
button (to Keith with my answers), I realized I gave the wrong
answer to Question #1, so no freebie for me.  Q1 is so easy that
it's hard--pretty easy to think too much and get it wrong.

Plus, TV can use whatever percentage he gets of my $15.98 for the
store-bought copy :>)
-----------
I think the withdrawal symptoms from Heroin are much worse than
cigs, but I bet the take-up-again rate for cigs is much higher.

Know this will get smokers on this List miffed at me (but this
will be my final comment from me ever on cigs):

The Boston Globe, 08/15/2005 Page: C2 Section: Health Science
HEALTH ANSWERS
Q: "Is there anything an ex-smoker can do to decrease the chances
of getting lung cancer, or at least catch it early?

A:  "No, Tom, quitting is really the only way to cut the risk
of lung cancer, said Dr. Michael Thun, who heads epidemiology
research for the American Cancer Society.  Smoking damages lungs
and the longer you smoke, the greater the damage, he said.

In general, it takes six "hits," or bits of damage to DNA, to
produce a lung cancer. With the first hit from a carcinogen, a
lung cell begins to develop into a fast-growing patch of similar
cells.

"If a person quits after, say, three hits, pre-cancerous "sleeper
cells . . . are unlikely to become cancer," Thun said. But if you
resume smoking or never quit in the first place, these "sleeper
cells" acquire more hits and ultimately become full-blown cancers.

"As for catching lung cancer early, there is still no recommended
screening test because a large clinical trial is still ongoing and
won't produce results  for several years yet..."