Re: (TV) Interview from 87: Back to Walker

Rex, then Joe:

> I may be alone in this, but I hear country tinges on "Flash Light"...
> check
> out the string bend at the intro to "At 4AM", for example, and the
> colloquialism "San Antone"... cross reference with the Johnny Cash covers
> at
> the acoustic shows... are Tom's roots showing?

Spot on, I would say. And we know that Tom travelled in the south, and
probably spent some time there. And there's the hillbilly persona he adopts
in "Lindi Lu"...

Not to mention "Glory," which sounds like a twisted tent-show gospel number (as in "I Saw the Light") - at least if you're under the same influences I was when I first noticed this at one of the Academy shows in '92.

- Jesse