Re: (TV) OT: Reasons for NOT liking TV

Ehhh. It's all just a matter of taste. Given that the listener likes "rock
and roll" to begin with, I think the only reasons to dislike Television
would be--
 (A) Aesthetic-- not liking Tom's voice or lyrics or whatever, and I'd say
this includes the prejudice against "long songs"... if you don't think rock
songs should be "long", that's your problem, not Television's (and
admittedly the post forwarded by Leif kind of acknowledges that).
 (B) --and I bet this is fairly common-- having been misled as to what to
expect and being thus disappointed. Specifically, if someone comes to
Television having read about them being "punk pioneers" or whatever, and
they want something like the Ramones, they won't find what they're looking
for. Or maybe they've heard The Edge or someone say Tom was an influence and
they're looking for something that sounds like U2. No dice there, either.
 That's how I see it, anyway.
 -Rex