Re: (TV) Verlaine - Cover @ Reflex (increasingly OT)

On 10/21/05, Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message
> <68a8ea5e0510210836h65af468dw36c523b8e58fcc47@mail.gmail.com>, Rex
> Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> writes
> >we really sounded more like The Icicle Works
> >than anyone really cool.
>
> That _is_ really cool.

 Nobody thought so in 1994! That's why I still have so many copies of our
album. Oh, that and the fact that the album isn't that good.
 Resemblance to the Icicle Works was accidental-- the sing did love them and
sounded like Ian McNabb, but I didn't know them-- I just happened to play a
lot of 12-string, so it just worked out that way. When I finally heard more
Icicle Works, I felt bad about how much we sounded like them. We shoulda
just been a cover band!
 -Rex