(TV) 'The last word is the lost word. Why don't you say so?' / RE: (TV) Verlaine - Cover @ Reflex

> I'm not sure where they get that idea. Who are they referring to ? The
>Strokes ? Franz Ferdinand ?  Bloc Party ? There's three that might have
>been remotely influenced by Television/TV but sheesh "overstuffed"?

Maybe the last word(?):

" ...Although they recorded only two [sic] albums, Television
had a strong impact on new-wave groups in the USA and England.
While their music had a harsh, 'punky' edge, Verlaine's songs
also had a dreamy, improvisatory quality, with folky guitar
riffs and impressionistic lyrics reminiscent of psychedelic
rock. Unlike many other groups of the time, whose playing was
concise and determinedly economical, Television often let their
songs evolve into extended improvisations in which Verlaine's
and Lloyd's guitar lines were most prominent.

**... Whatever one thought of Television's image, their music
was undeniably ahead of its time, and not only was their
influence felt in groups well into the Eighties and
Nineties, but that era threw up few, if any, acts of similar
invention and breadth of expression**."

----From Providence, R.I. library's 'Encyclopedia of Music'