(TV) TV in Brazil

Hi,

This is my first time here. Please, be nice to me :)

Television came to Brazil to play in the Tim Festival, in Rio de Janeiro, last monday. They opened for Elvis Costello and The Imposters. That weird review that was posted here is about this show. Believe me, that makes sense in Portuguese.

Fortunately, they managed to come to Sao Paulo too. They performed live twice in the city, on tuesday and wednesday, in a small bar (for 800 people), tickets sold out. It was really really awesome!

Little Johnny Jewel was definitely the best song. Tom's voice was great, and so were the guitar solos. I was really impressed.

They opened the set with Swells. From Marquee Moon, they played Venus, Prove it, See no evil and Marquee Moon.

On the second night, Tom broke the microphone: "wow, it is the first time we break a microphone". They were very nice to the audience, wich went crazy after each song. Tom was smiling all the time and even Richard, who always seems angry, joked when he was introduced. When Tom introduced Billy (he is really funny), everybody started screaming histerically his name. He got shy, smiled, and hid himself under his towel. It was great.

Marquee Moon was better than I could ever expect. Tom and Richard's solos were long, hypnotizing, frenetic, just perfect. It was all insane.

For the encore, they played Glory, on the first night, and Knocking on heaven's door, on the second night. Beautiful cover.

I never thought I would see them live in Brazil. It was one of the top shows of my life. I'm so happy!

Erica