Re: (TV) OT: Random thoughts

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the review of the Mosaik album; I'll have to seek that one out. Anything Irvine and Lunny have a hand in is probably worth spending time with!
Irish trad music is never off-topic with me. I -finally- got a chance to catch my favorite fiddle/guitar duo, Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill at the Prism Coffeehouse (Charlottesville Va) last week - a really inspirational, intense performance. Hayes seems to play the fiddle with his entire body - rocking back and forth, stomping both feet, tossing his head as the flow of the tunes goes from quiet, lyrical to the fast and furious...never losing the gorgeous tone of his instrument. Magic. Cahill provides near telepathic accompaniment - more like a weaving together of the two sets of strings.
(I wonder if Lloyd and Verlaine have ever had an acoustic guitar jam - anyone ever seen Richard near an acoustic guitar? :)
While we're rambling:
Other music on the laser box in recent days:
-Eyvind Kang/Dying Ground live in Poland, 2000
-Folk and Pop Music of Indonesia, Iraq, Radio Java - all three from the Sun City Girls' Sublime Frequencies label
-Richard Thompson - Front Parlour Ballads

Going to see Ween live - tomorrow night!! - in DC.
OK, back to your regularly scheduled discussion group.