Re: (TV) Man In The Backyard

In message <20051102171335.70492.qmail@web25801.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>, Claudia <razoomyyy@yahoo.de> writes
At the end of "man in the backyard" (the Slim's 1990 one) Verlaine says: "that was a sorta twisted version of old chap/chep (spelling?". What the heck does that mean? I assumed it's some tale or folk story but google of course isn't helpful with a search term like "old chap".

Could be "Old Shep", one of those quite famous "my dog died and, hell, I miss him" country-type songs that Elvis probably loved and Neil Young is prone to writing and which makes truckers cry into their beer and the rest of us want to throw up.

"Why ain't the dog barking?"