Re: (TV) Man In The Backyard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Man In The Backyard

In message <20051102171335.70492.qmail@web25801.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>, Claudia <razoomyyy@yahoo.de> writes
At the end of "man in the backyard" (the Slim's 1990 one) Verlaine says: "that was a sorta twisted version of old chap/chep (spelling?". What the heck does that mean? I assumed it's some tale or folk story but google of course isn't helpful with a search term like "old chap".

Could be "Old Shep", one of those quite famous "my dog died and, hell, I miss him" country-type songs that Elvis probably loved

I'm pretty sure he recorded it. Of course, he recorded a lot of things he didn't exactly love. --------------