(TV) OT: Devandra revisited

Okay, so I wanted to find out more about this Devandra (Banhart) dude. Conveniently, someone on my company's iTunes shared net had his latest: "Cripple Crow". SO I gave it a listen. I really liked a lot of the instrumentation, good use of acoustic guitars, some electric flourishes. Stuff I would normally like. But Devadra's delivery is, how does one say...TWEE ...whimpy beyond all reason, calculated, smirking, as if to say 'Look at me, I'm ripping off Donavan and Nick Drake and [insert name of really obscure 60s folk-psychedelic-flower-power song-writer] and the 20-somethings that buy my record will never know. Something really disingenuous about this fellow. I really wanted to like him. I needed an antidote, and fast so now I'm listening to The Stooges 'Fun House' . Thank you Iggy !
-Russ