From: tv-owner@obbard.com On Behalf Of Phil
Obbard
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 1:34 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) 'Well I'm sorry, I[f you] can't find it, please
don't hate me' / 'RE: Primitive Stuff / RE: (TV) Link Wray, RIP

> >Please don't hate me, but:
> >How many degrees (and how) between the song, 'Flash
>Lightning' and Peter Pan?

Philip wrote:
They were both hits in Neverland (insert MJ joke here)?
-------------------------
Close, but no cigar, Philip:
Both Michael Jackson and Verlaine have moved out of the
US to Dubai (but not living together).

Actually no---what I had in mind was a little closer to
how Keith answered:
>>How many degrees (and how) between the song, 'Flash
>>Lightning' and Peter Pan?
>Keith: They've each got a good hook?

That's pretty good, but that's just part of it:
In a Walt Disney intense moment from my impressionable
youth, Captain Hook makes Wendy walk the plank.

Flash Lightning:
"...Well I walk the plank ...
...Lo, and behold,
The seven seas came up,.. ."

I can hear your groans!

>between Verlaine and "Breakfast At Tiffany's"
Henry Mancini was the composer of the film's
music, and Verlaine is a big fan of a song
Mancini's composed [not for this movie] called
"Mr. Lucky"

>How many degrees of separation between Curly of
>The Three Stooges and Verlaine's show at the
>New Haven, Conn. show on Oct. 9, 1981?
Keith--correct as usual--answered: Shemp (Howard)

>Why did Jimy Ripp legally change his name to Jimy Rip?
According to a former member of this List: Mick Jagger
on one of his solo recordings,  screwed up and misspelled
Ripp's name as Rip in the cd's song/music credits.
To avoid future confusion, and to make sure ASCAP/BMI
(and Jagger?!?) gave him his royalties, he legally
dropped the second 'p'.