Re: (TV) Jesse / Batman Authorship / Dr. No / Back On Topic: Lloyd or Verl aine Playing Infamous Riff?!?:

Leo, I'm afraid you mix up the Verlaine lead in the middle of the song with the Lloyd fill ins in the chorus (that also becomes a lead, kind of, at the end of the song). I'm pretty sure they NEVER change leads or song parts between each other. Or does any of you have examples that proves I'm wrong? Would be interesting to hear.

Have to check the Bond-theme, but something tells me it must be Tom. As a band leader he can take such liberties.

Per

However, I have watched in-person as well as some video
footage of several live performances of the song,
and on more than one occasion Tom does the solo on "Call
Mr. Lee"---it's even obvious to a non-musician guitar
dunce like me--if you watch his fingers.  At the March 20,
2002 show, it's definitely Lloyd doing the long, stellar
solo on the song

(or whoever is helping him pack )will slowly take him
step-by-step back to that night at Irving Plaza--and then
whisper into his left ear,  "Who was playing which parts
that night on 'Call Mr, Lee' "?  That's the only way to
definitively settle this---although I hope others will
post some votes.