(TV) RE: Accidentially Hit the Send Button / Who Plays What When / To m's vs Richard's Tone

I accidentially somehow hit the SEND button before
I finished typing my previous post (and before I
trimmed it).

so, here's what should have been included:

.....bLAH blah blah ..I think my memory's still
good--(maybe too good) and I swear I've seen
in-person parts/solos switched between them.

Another related fact:  Didn't't Amilcar Amarante
point out recently that you can see on the Brazil
video Tom('s fingers) playing a part/solo that
Richard usually does?

Ms Secret X told me quite awhile ago, that sometimes
Tom gave  almost all of the soloing to Richard (with
a couple of exceptions such as Prove It or the 2nd
one in MM)--as several on List have noted in the past
this mostly happens on nights when Tom just "isn't
into it". Also--she wrote to the List once saying Tom
is not adverse (one might even say he's 'magnanimous),
or isn't insecure about giving others (e.g., Richard )
most of the spot-light.

I really believe that *sometimes, say, 10-15%*, maybe
to keep things from getting boring or stale [plus other
reasons], before the band goes on stage that night,
sometime earlier --hours[?] or minutes[?] or
days[?]--Tom might say to Richard to take/play my part
on "Z" tonight and I'll do the solo on "Y" tonight.

I think it's pretty obvious Tom can (technically or
otherwise) play any of the solos on the songs in their
live repertoire (not claiming they'd sound! like
Richard's solos--except they are virtually are
identical sounding on occasions on "Rhyme" and
"1880 Or So" , and on rare occasions even on
"Call Mr. Lee", BUT not talking Richard's last
"Lee" solo here.

In fact, in the switching parts incidences *that I'm
referring to*, for "Rhyme" and "1880 Or So",  Tom's
solo is more often so close/similar to Richard's ,
that that is why it can be difficult to determine
who's playing what where when.

But even in these instances if you listen carefully
you can discern Tom's icy tone [meant as a compliment],
more tremolo, more vibrato, uses whammy bar more often
(than Richard), **more physically shaking of the neck**
(than Richard), more 'bending' the notes (related to
last).  In short, Tom's signature guitar sound.
Words totally fail me here  Jon Parles in a review
The NY Times describes what I'm unable to articulate.

Half serious: Small (big?) favor to Keith, :>)
I sent you this review NY Times (not on The Wonder
yet) recently; could you post just the single the
sentence describing Tom's tone that writer uses in
his opening paragraph? Pareles (could have been
another writer--Robert Palmer? or John Piccarella?
I'm pretty damn sure it was April 2x,  1987, and
definitely NY Times.

Separate but related:
During all of Tom's electric tours 1981- 1987 he would
let Ripp play great majority of the solos on songs when
he could easily have done more of them.
(In fact a couple of my friends unfamiliar with
Verlaine/Television's music would sometimes comment on
first attending a show that
they were more impressed with Ripp's guitar playing!)

Important: In the above,  I'm not talking about who's
a better guitarist --I think Richard's solos on e.g.,
Ain't That Nothin',  Elevation and a myriad of other
songs are probably "superior" to anything Tom would have
replaced them with. I'm just saying they ***don't always
play the exact same parts.