Re: (TV) New Television song titles revealed!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rex Broome" <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:40 PM
Subject: (TV) New Television song titles revealed!

Before reading this I was going to write that I was very glad to have seen
Tom "solo with band" between the Televsion shows I've seen (in '93 and '03,
approx) because the solo show had a lot greater "Tom unleashed" factor,
despite some really impressive work by Ripp.  That was in the '90's, at a
one-off gig and not the '81-'87 period cited by Leo above, but I've heard my
share of live recordings from that period and they seem pretty Tom-centric
(cf. the live MILLER'S TALE disc).  Is it just that those Ripp-dominated
shows have had less staying power in terms of the tapes staying in
circulation?

I saw him around 86, and I remember walking away impressed with Tom's playing, and I don't remember Ripp taking any solos at all. I'm sure he did, but nothing made me think "wow, he's a much better player than Tom is." --------------