Re: (TV) Rex I Salute You / TV book

On 12/6/05, robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is the forthcoming TV book by Bockris (who co-wrote
> > the Cale
> > autobiography)?
>

> is it?  he did also did bios on lou reed and patti
> smith.

I was wondering becauseof the mention that the author did a book on John
Cale. I don't know of any other Cale bios besides "What's Welsh For Zen" by
Cale and Bockris.  That's my favorite project of his... wobbly as a piece of
lit, but the design is great, Cale's personality comes through, lots of
stuff I didn't know, and it's less bitchy in tone than the Lou and VU bios
by Bockris.

and he was a key commentator on vh1's "behind
> the music" on heart (!).

Whahhhh?  Weird.

-Rex