Re: (TV) Small Complaint To Listers: You're Falling Down On The Job! / RE : (TV) tom on, uh, television

--- "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:
> Melissa Etheridge perform [her fans better stop
> reading
> here and jump to last paragraph]. She's become a
> sort
> of a female Curt Cobain in terms of her song
> writing:

she is prone to a certain overwrought devotion in song
to which the indigo girls also fall prey.  lyrics,
heartfully expressed, along the lines of "i'd crawl
over cut glass and lay down in a fire just for one
minute with you," and, "i turn over in my bed and miss
you / it's been two long years..." (GET FUCKING OVER
IT).  i categorize these as "overwrought lesbian folk
songs."

sorry, leo, too, for falling down on posting.  i
wasn't aware of the appearance until today myself.  it
was actually a reschedule, as the first time she was
supposed to appear, maybe a couple of weeks ago,
conan's wife went into labor and the taping was
canceled.