Re: (TV) Serpentine Guitar parts

(Feels like we're back where we started.) Concerning the solos you don't have to guess, even if they want us to. But yes, the "guessing" could be the seventh theory. With the mono mix they try to be more mystic than they really are.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Van Rooy" <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:30 AM
Subject: (TV) Serpentine Guitar parts

There is a good analogy in King Crimson - in the difficulty in telling who is playig what. In the first King Crimson album that includes Adrian Belew, 'Discipline' - there are numerous sections where it is tres difficult to discern Fripp from Belew. And I believe that was their intention. I suspect it is true with Television - they want to keep us guessing.
- Russ

BlackMonk <BlackMonk@email.msn.com> wrote :

----- Original Message ----- From: &quot;Casey, Leo J&quot; &lt;Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov&gt;

&gt; Richard wrote:
&gt;&gt;I wouldn't want to stop any lively discussion
&gt;&gt;by providing answers to these questions.
&gt;
&gt; Why you think Richard is being so coy here?
&gt; Any theories on why he so secretive and
&gt; doesn't want to explicitly (or even implicitly!)
&gt; give us an answer (this is not a rhetorical
&gt; question)?

Isn't there a response to one of the questions on Richard's site where he
says that they trade off parts within a song, so that the person who plays a

riff during one verse isn't necessarily the person who plays it during the
next verse?