(TV) OT: There are places I'll remember

Okay, no need for sappiness. It should not go un-noted though. Without the genius and irrepressible creative ego of John Lennon, would we even be spending our work-a-day productivity on such non-work related items as a band called Television ?
I remember where I was when I head about Johns' demise 25 years ago today. I was 19, I was working at a local drug store and hating every minute of it, especially after hearing of his death. I just couldn't believe it. I think we know, 25 years later, John was no saint. But I think it is true and perhaps inevitable that he died for rock and roll.
- Russ