Re: Shibboleth / Wrong Notes / Tom Chewing Glass / (TV) tom on , uh, television

In message <0351E411702FA84A966DD30E5519124B530EFC@vntmail03.volpe.dot.gov>, "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> writes
Keith, appox. what year did your reaction to
keyboards on a 'rock' song  soften?

Can't say it ever went away but I guess it "softened" when I was about, oh, 18 or so. Rock music was Free, Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher, etc. I went to see these bands and they didn't have any damned keyboards on the stage! They got in the way of the GUITARS.

Dylan wasn't "rock", so that was OK. Likewise Jethro Tull. And Family. And Beefheart. And Van der Graaf Generator. And Genesis. And all the other stuff I liked that didn't have loud GUITARS. Two guitars, bass and drums - that was the thing.

Hey, I was 15 - I knew *everything*