Re: (TV) keyboards

Bassists have a special hate for some keyboardists. The ones with the busy
left hand.

> The problem with keyboards is that key players are as ego-centric if not
more-so, than guitarists; and it often devolves into a battle over who
should be louder, take the longest solos... ect. As a guitarist, ( Pee Wees
secret phrase of the week) I would want and expect keyboards to have a
rhythm-section  only place in a band - with a couple exceptions. The 70s are
fraught with horrible examples of bombastic out of control keys - ELP,
Kansas, Styx . Yes and King Crimson and Edgar Winter - and maybe even
Lynnyrd Skinyrd (sp) are the only exceptions for me - and players like Nicky
Hopkins and Jack Neitzche who know what pianos are for in a rock band. Some
keys are very tasteful. I hate to mention that band - you know U2 - those
reverby piano keys are nice in the October album.