(TV) when I was their age...

Kind of funny, I believe the '50's are still generally regarded as a lesser
decade for movies (that's when foreign films started coming to the fore).
For me, the '50's (which was before my time) has most of my all-time
favorite movies.  But by then, John Ford was at his absolute peak.

Scott, NYC  Off to make a geritol run.

And yes, the kids these days refuse to watch movies that are in black and
white.  I had one idiot over while we were watching Chinatown.  "Ewww,
they're wearing old clothes.  I can't watch this.  Can't we watch Save the
Last Dance instead?"