Re: (TV) when I was their age...

my 14 year old liked the George Clooney movie that came out in black and white. she had seen some on dvds but none in the movie theater ----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Simpson" <SSimpson@nyc.rr.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 6:22 PM
Subject: (TV) when I was their age...

Kind of funny, I believe the '50's are still generally regarded as a lesser
decade for movies (that's when foreign films started coming to the fore).
For me, the '50's (which was before my time) has most of my all-time
favorite movies.  But by then, John Ford was at his absolute peak.

Scott, NYC  Off to make a geritol run.

And yes, the kids these days refuse to watch movies that are in black and
white.  I had one idiot over while we were watching Chinatown.  "Ewww,
they're wearing old clothes.  I can't watch this.  Can't we watch Save the
Last Dance instead?"