Re: (TV) Totally OT: King Kong review for Jay

good review ty

i note that other critics, maybe ones with ties to new
york, have marveled at the amazing way in which
jackson recreates depression era nyc

that is one of the main aspects of the film i am
looking forward to

i also note your lack of soul comment which has been
stated, albeit once or twice, by other critics

i of course reserve comment until after i see it

but i will note in passing that there are two movies
which affected me most from my childhood, both of
which were favorites of my father, sort of a monster
in his own right: King Kong and The Incredible
Shrinking Man.

By the way, the just released remastered version of
King Kong '33 is a wonder to behold

out....

=== message truncated ===