Re: (TV) OT: The movies/music our parents did/didn't turn us onto

Joe- You done good, Sir.

Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:  He and his band recently put out a CD (used all their own money for both
the studio time and duplication, too), and it's _great_. Hear some of it
at http://myspace.com/atroopofechoes

He grew up on a steady diet (while strapped in the back seat) of XTC,
Television, Frank Zappa (sanitized for his protection), Laurie Anderson
and the like. One of my favorite memories: In Laurie's song "Walk The Dog"
there's a line that goes "I turned on the radio and I heard a song by Dolly
Parton. And she was singingggggg" and there's this great dissonant chord made by the vocal and everything else, and it would always make him laugh _hard_.

My work here is done.