Re: (TV) "Television", and other name-dropping

In message <010c01c6042a$de337690$5d8490d4@joeslaptop>, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> writes
Keith, is Paul Morley one of the more acceptable journalists in your book?

I don't know, this is the first thing I've read by him for years. I can't stand U2 and I read it all, so...

When I used to read the NME, I thought he was a pretentious prat. But that was a long time ago. His interviews always seemed to be about him more than whoever he was talking to. Remember when he "invented" Frankie Goes To Hollywood? The t-shirts, the slogans, the liner notes?

The bit where he writes: "When I interviewed him in 1980, to call up some of the old style NME arrogance and narcissism, a journalist from the London music papers would have been about the most famous person Bono had met" - I'm sure he believed it then and believes it now.

What do you think?