Re: (TV) "Television", and other name-dropping

Keith wrote:

When I used to read the NME, I thought he [Paul Morley] was a pretentious prat. But that was a long time ago. His interviews always seemed to be about him more than whoever he was talking to. Remember when he "invented" Frankie Goes To Hollywood? The t-shirts, the slogans, the liner notes?

I lost interest in NME when they panned Adventure, so I don't remember Morley well.

The bit where he writes: "When I interviewed him in 1980, to call up some of the old style NME arrogance and narcissism, a journalist from the London music papers would have been about the most famous person Bono had met" - I'm sure he believed it then and believes it now.

What do you think?

It's nice to see the bit of self-awareness, and he writes rather well now, I think.

--JoeT