Re: (TV) anyone subscribe to sirius?

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:10:38 -0800 (PST)
robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Patti Smith's New Year's Eve concert at the Bowery
> Ballroom tonight will be webcast live on Sirius
> Satellite Radio

Woohoo - A friend of mine got Sirius for Xmas, and informs me that an
archival version of this is now safely stored.

My wife and I say Patti do her birthday show (Dec 30) at the Bowery in
2000.  What a weekend - we drove in a day early to avoid driving in the
blizzard which hit the night of the 29th and lasted much of the 30th,
shutting NYC down for the day.  It was amazing - such a violent storm
there was lightning and thunder during it!  But road crews had the streets
cleared by the late afternoon, and we made the show, picking up last minute
tickets at the door.

I think her birthday shows always add a little something extra to the
experience.