Re: (TV) I keep a close watch on this heart of mine...

On 1/6/06, Russ Van Rooy <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:

> TV does a fine cover of Johnny Cash's 'I walk the Line' on two different
> live performances from the 1990s (one solo acoustic guitar , the
> other  electric with Jimmy Rip). They are both elementally rootsy and
> melodic ,but somewhat confusing as well.

I've never heard the electric version... does it follow the same melodic
reworking as the acoustic one (which I think also has a little "Ring Of
Fire" in it)?

Tom's exact feelings don't come through that clearly, but he obviously finds
Cash compelling on some level.  On listening to the acoustic version and
it's little improv section, my hunch was that Tom had recently read Cash's
autobiography and was recreating/reimagining a scene from it, but that's
just a guess.

I would've loved to hear Cash do "At 4AM".

-Rex