From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of
mike-tv@mjckeh.demon.co.uk
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:56 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) OT This Heat

Way back in December, Stephen Wilson wrote:

> I've been reading & wondering about one of those other seminal-type
> artpunk groups, This Heat, for so long now...

> their CDs are just about impossible to

It looks like this is about to change...

>From http://www.spincds.com:

This Heat - 'This Heat'

"This Heat emerged in early 1976, known as the most left-field and most
hard-edged band in the country, their concerts attracted Experimental, Punk
and New Wave audiences alike. Working for years in their own, now legendary,
studio in Brixton (Cold Storage) their material evolved, grew and became
increasingly intense. Their first LP, with its distinctive blue and yellow
sleeve, appeared on David Cunningham's Piano label in 1979 and acquired
immediate iconic status, and over time it has also proved itself prescient;
there are musical innovations here that would take another 15 years to
reappear. 'This Heat' was a landmark release - music without precedent; the
musicians uncompromising; the recordings hammeringly intense and the sound
deep, radical, and rich. And it hasn't aged" This re-mastered and repackaged
edition is the first of a series of This Heat reissues. Released January
23rd - #10.99.

all the best,
--
 Michael J. Cross    Visit http://michaelcross.me.uk for
 BSFA Magazine Index, Hull SF Group, J Cipollina & M Kurihara Discographies