Re: (TV) Verlaine on WFMU archive

At 3:41 PM -0800 1/10/06, Rex Broome wrote:
Enoch Light...

Those cassettes featured a bunch of Light (and Lite) stuff including his
positively mind-boggling version of "Scarborough Fair" which had some of the
sickest Moog sounds I've ever heard, some Sonic Youth-worthy death knell
guitar, and the cheesiest whitebread coed vocal group I have *ever* heard in
my life.  Some kind of genius for sure!

We're fans of the _I Want to Be Happy Cha-Chas_ and the _Pertinent Percussion Cha-Chas_, mainly, although didn't he also produce Jack Costanzo's _Mr. Bongo Plays Hi-Fi Cha-Chas_? (There seems to be quite the cha-cha theme going on here. OK, so we think that the 50s-era cha-cha records are ideal party soundtracks.) One of the big thrills of the Light Brigade discs are Dick Hyman (under the name "Knuckles O'Toole") on electric organ (sounds like a Farfisa to me, but it could be an Acetone, or maybe something weirder). It's awesome, hilarious stuff.

As it says on the back of the _I Want to Be Happy Cha-Chas_ jacket, no self-respecting host or hostess should be without it.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/