(TV) Sexuality/Women on List, Please Weigh-in/ Spaced Out/ Ray Charles/Woke Up Dreaming

> you two have some kind of Teresa Stern thing going on?
Thanks for editing it out Keith

Despite the fact, that I like (but do
not own) the music of Rufus Wainwright,
I'm not a latent homosexual;
I'm a blatant heterosexual.

And although I've had about a dozen
dreams since 1981 in which either Television
or Verlaine starred, I do not have any
homoerotic feelings for Tom.  :>)

However, when he was in his twenties and
thirties I thought he was a very striking,
handsome man--with almost Messianic good
looks.  Any of the women on the List care
to comment about the younger (or older Tom)?

In the most recent large set of photos [believe
Claudia sent the original link] from some
Photo-shoot outside an off-day during Television's
2005 Summer tour, he looks the unhealthiest
I've ever seen him. (O' the ravages of time.)

Speaking of Wainwright, there was a tv-Special
about 2-3 years ago hosted by Kevin Spacey in
which he had 10 current singers/musicians pay
tribute to John Lennon by having each sing a song
composed by Lennon. Rufus was by far the best; he
did a very soulful version of "???????????"--whereas
Spacey butchered "Jealous Guy" -(Bryan Ferry did a
nice cover of it on one of Roxy Music's live-cds.)

Back on topic, TV's comment about Ray Charles
covering one of his songs is the second time in
an interview that he's mentioned Charles covering
one of his songs.

In a 1980s' interview he was asked about Bowie's
cover of "Kingdom Come".  After he giving his
2 cents on Bowie, he said he'd love to hear
a Ray Charles cover of the song.

Speaking of Spacey/R. Charles, the reviews
that I read of him in the Bobby Darin film-bio
were pretty bad. (A few even called him presumptuous
and an ego-maniac [Spacey, not Darin].

I'm impressed that the stars in the current Johnny
Cash movie both did their own singing, but IMHO
the film is mostly a sanitized, Hollywood-ized
version of his life (no matter what the Golden
Globe voters might think). I was never a fan of
Charles--I know who cares what I think! (all
his stuff sounded the same to me and he seemed
to be doing some sort show-biz shtick when he
performed live---he was sort of the anti-Verlaine).
(I did buy his album on which he covers "Eleanor
Rigby", which still gives me chills---but
that's an exception.) Maybe I'm getting into
dangerous waters here, this is meant as a
socio-musicology comment to get me back on topic:
in all the years of attending Verlaine or
Television shows I never saw an Afro-American
In the audience.

Unlike the new Cash movie, the film that came out
a few years ago on Charles' life portrayed both
sides of the man including his period(s) of drug
addiction and other sad situations.

Last but not least: if none of the women on the
List respond to my plea above, I will punish
the entire List [I know it's unfair, but just as
Sister Felicitae would punish her entire 6th grade
class when she'd 'catch' one student misbehaving]
by subjecting you to a description---in some
detail---of my Television/Verlaine dream of 2
weeks ago, in which the band, The Cars, plays
a role.

 Leo

PS: Keith, were you nice enough to delete on the
Frarpp/In World web-site, the typo about my sex?
"