Re: (TV) Re: 'Messianic /Women on Lis t,  Please Weigh-in

Leo, I love that you started this discussion. It's not
typical of the high-minded topics we so often find
here.

I'm afraid I might find ultra-talented men more
attractive than they really are, so it might not mean
much that I think Tom Verlaine has always been really,
really, really, really good looking. And I don't think
he looks particularly unhealthy now.

But I've also thought Richard Hell was really handsome
since the first time I saw the Voidoids in 1979. And I
have to wonder - if Richard Hell were my mailman or
the cashier at the drycleaner, would I find him
attractive? I'm not sure. I know I always find good
actors more attractive than bad actors. Does anyone
else have this problem?

One thing I'm sure of though. Richard Lloyd, when I
used to go to hear him a lot (late 70s, early 80s)
looked like an angel. If he'd been my mailman I would
have greeted him with a lemonade every warm day and a
hot chocolate every cold day. And if he had worked at
the drycleaner, I would have been there everyday with
some piece of cloth, any piece of cloth I could find.