(TV) More Laughs

Lori wrote:
>Leo, I love that you started this discussion. It's not
>typical of the **high-minded** topics we so often find
>here.

Lori
I guess you didn't read all the way to the bottom.
Down where there was a barrel of laughs-'analysis'
---stuff about me always harping on Tom's cig
habit just to distract myself from remembering that
I'm gonna die! :>)

I can't remember which of the 1960's W. Coast bands
were on the soundtrack to the movie Zabriskie's Point"
besides Quicksilver Messenger Service and the Grateful
Dead. But the movie's leading man, Mark Halperin[?],
had just gotten out [escaped] from Mel Lyman's
'Pychedelic-Fascism'-Commmune a-top Roxbury's Fort Hill.
(Mark H. was later murdered in a maximum security prison
while serving 30 yrs for being the getaway driver of a
Weathermen/Kathy Boudin bank robbery.) In "Zabriskie
Point" he has the line, "I'm not afraid to die, I'm
afraid of being bored".

In a Nursing Home I visited awhile back to see a relative,
her entire (3rd) floor was devoted to people with advanced
senility or Alzheimer's.  It was close to noon so about 50
residents of the 3rd floor were all sitting in one of
the long hallways. There was one woman named Ida in her
mi-70's, who I had noticed during a couple of previous
visits; she seemed a lot sharper than the others, and looked
as if she really didn't belong on that floor.

Just as my brother and I were about to leave, she started
shouting at the top of her lungs to the other residents,
"None of us is getting out of here alive!  We're all going
to die! None of us is going to get out of here alive!" over-and-
over-and-over-and ...
But one of the few silver linings of suffering from Dementia:
not a single resident showed the slightest reaction.