Re: (TV) Re: 'Messianic /Women on List, Please Weigh-in

On 1/31/06, Billy Ancell <bilbicus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Leo, slag Crosby again...and i'll....i'll....(seethes)

I meant to chime in on that one, too.  Crosby evens out.  For every "Mind
Gardens" there's something like "Everybody's Been Burned", or "Lady
Firend".  And give the guy points for not being Stephen Stills.  Crosby is
(was?) a very inventive rhythm guitarist, and that's a rare beast.  As
bloated hippie avatars go... you could do worse.

Those of us who are Neil Young completists and have thus been subjected to
the '80's and '90's CSNY reunions might recall that the Crosby contributions
made us puke less than the Stills tunes, were less boring than Nash's, and
were basically on par with Neil's own "I-really-can't-be-bothered"
contributions.

Admittedly I'd be happier if Gene Clark were still alive, but Crosby is just
alright, oh yeah.

-Rex