Re: (TV) David / Byrds

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:55:19 -0800 (PST)
Micah <noahbrtn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want add my voice to the Gene Clark Appreciation Chorus.

Another voice in the chorus.  One of my fave tunes ever is Gene's
"Here Without You".  Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey (of the dBs)
did a great cover of it on their Mavericks album.

If you can find it, Gene's Firebyrd album is very good indeed.

That said, Roger (Jim) McGuinn's a huge influence on my guitar playing.
I'm hopelessly addicted to the 12-string jangle.  I've seen him twice
playing solo, and he does an 8 Miles High that's pure genius, and all
on one guitar.

Crosby (the cute one who makes the girls scream when he crinkles his nose,
according to the liner notes on the 1st album) is easy to overlook, but
he's one of those musicians who always seems to add more to a
collaboration than he ever pulls out of his solo work.

Pack up your tent, McGuinn - you ain't goin' nowhere.