Re: (TV) hiss reduction

At 3:59 PM -0800 2/27/06, Russ Van Rooy wrote:
That is a million dollar question. I would like to know this too. I use Audacity , which works pretty well for me except for the hiss.
Any Audacity experts out there ?

I don't recall if Audacity takes VST plugins, but if it does, you could download some VST eq modules, and try notching out the hiss. The problem is that it depends on where and how the hiss entered the signal path. Many times, it's broad-spectrum, but we hear it as high-pitched because of the frequencies our ears are sensitive to. In such a case, there's no notching that out easily. But sometimes the hiss is concentrated in one frequency band, so it's easier to sweep around with a filter and notch it out.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/