Re: (TV) Pete Cosey

Cosey is someone who I want to hear more of- anyone have further recommendations? I believe he recorded with Muddy Waters on the Electric Mud album (unfairly maligned, IMHO). I've never heard Agartha (I'm ashamed to say), but I have heard Pangaea and really enjoy it.

  I love Ask the Ages and practically all of the Sharrock I've heard. Even if some of it would serve as good music to clear people out of a room or a bar at the end of the night or party.

  Regards,

  Brian

  np. Roy Buchanan- Here I Go Again (Lost 1982 album- disc 2)

Micah <noahbrtn@yahoo.com> wrote:
  For the last couple days, I have been on a Pete Cosey kick. Most noteably his playing on "Calypso Frelimo" off Miles Davis' "Get Up With It" disc.

That guy is a monster player and just rocks like a 3-legged dog on that cut.

Also, I found that iTunes has "Ask the Ages" by Sonny Sharrock for 5.99.

Then, there is "Agartha"

Anyone else into Cosey?

M.