Re: (TV) Way off topic

grntg wrote:
Anyone else have this experience?

No, Greg, but I have been telling everyone about this one -
My sons play guitar and bass, also. I am proud of their dedication to the instrument, willingness to try new things, and general playing ability. What parent wouldn't be? here's the good part - Shane(15)and his friend/bandmate also play guitar with the High School String Orchestra. The teacher had a wild idea, and it has worked out, adding guitars to a traditional string orch. I dig that he is getting exposure to traditional structure, etc. and has learned to read.

Anyway, so Shane and Michael are out in the hall practicing the other day, and who comes by but the Orchestra teacher. She asks what they are playing, it's just something Shane wrote...Long story short: they are playing it next school concert, May 3rd. She was impressed with the 'maturity of the writing'.

Damn. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.
He *is* pretty good, especially since he is entirely self-taught, except for notation, which he gets at school. And a little help from his old man, who bought him a couple of guitars, showed him how to change the strings, and a few positions for E, A and D. :)

  - H.