Scientists Writes An E-mail / RE: (TV) maurice rickard, science g uy, and, i don't wanna die

What does it most likely mean (or/and what is the cause of) bad static
and some distortion (just one the right channel) on portions of about
one-third of all the songs of a NON-FLAC cd-r---where the cd-r was
decoded from a previous cd-r copy in FLAC of a *commercial release*?

(Fact: I know the problem does not originate from the commercial release.)

A more general but related question: Is a possible decoding error an
'all-or-nothing' proposition?  I.e., if there's a decoding error on a
particular song/track then that song won't play at all on the copy cd-r.

**OR** is it possible for a decoding error on a particular song/track to
occur that still allows the entire song to be heard but it sounds in certain
places static-y and distorted.

Leo

-

--