Re: (TV) Size / Harp Magazine / my big hands (fall through the cracks) / playing like a girl

On 4/13/06, tom <thomas@bigdayphoto.com> wrote:

> [...]

Well... then why do they make short scale guitars?  And surely I'm not the
only one who's know more than a few female guitarists who seek out
instruments with thinner necks?  (The petite Neko Case favors tenor guitars
for this reason; my girlfriend tears up a short-scale Kay when she plays
electric.)  Just sayin'.

That said I think there is a lotta lens distortion going on in that photo,
yes.

And finally, there are so many references in these reviews to Tom's vocals
as Lou Reed-ish!  I dunno, in the phrasing, sometimes, but the general
quality?  Not much.  I guess he sings in his lower register more these days
than on the early stuff, so maybe that's it.  On the other hand everyone
thinks the guy from Felt sings like Tom, but all I hear is Lou Lou Lou.

-Rex