Re: (TV) Size / Harp Magazine / my big hands (fall through the cracks) > tom / lou

listening to the vocal album had me thinking of lou,
too.  not because tom sounds like lou...but because
tom, like lou, started out with a not-great
voice...which has since deteriorated.  and he has to
find some way to make use of it.

the new vocal album actually had me thinking of tom
along w/ lou, dylan and ps in terms of folks w/
non-traditionally-gifted voices and how they have
aged.  lou can't sing at all now, if he ever could.
pretty horrible.  tom's maybe in a bit better shape.
dylan's voice has thoroughly deteriorated, but he
makes it work somehow (oh yeah, creative genius!).
and patti smith has become a pretty decent singer,
imo.

had me wondering if tom's vocal limitations have
played a part in his lack of vocal output until this
month.  or maybe he doesn't think of it that way at
all.  i just can't help but think he may find singing
challenging.

last night i saw two gallants, cold war kids opening,
and thought, the way those guys are yelling, they've
gotta be shortening their shelf life.  also had never
seen such a collection of anorexic-looking boys in my
life.  teeny-teeny skinny-skinny boys.