Re: (TV) Tom Verlaine mentioned in Steve Kilbey's blog

later in that blog ,kilbey also mentions that he always try to dry his socks in the church s bus tour  ...

Jack <scanman723@yahoo.com> escribis:
  http://stevekilbey.blogspot.com/2006/06/one-soft-infested-summer.html

i met one of my all time heroes
tom verlaine (nee miller)
he came on tour with us in 1988
he was a strange dude
penny pinching hilarious sarcastic weird man
nothing like what i expected
he treated me like a pesky kid
and i still vividly remember one day in the dead of winter
somewhere in the north east
we pulled into this hotel at about 6 am
verlaine rings me up 1o minutes after we check in
hey kilbey....you wanna go for a uh walk
ok tom i'll be right there
we walk to the top of this hill
where theres a kinda resovoir or something
and then we see a couple of cars of black guys
with some nasty looking deal going down
and we start running
theyre chasing us
so we run into these woods
and verlaine is sprinting down this snowy wooded hill
like a prize stallion
while i on my shorter legs struggled along behind
i thinkin how weird this is
escaping from these villains with a guy i used to idolize
(and fiends, marquee moon IS one of the best records ever)
later i meet his mom n dad
outside a gig in philly
and his mom says
you make sure tom writes to me