No / RE: (TV) Studio question

Greg wrote:
>One of the reviews that was kindly linked
> ...said that they were interviewing Tom
>from his studio.

See BELOW:

>I remember awhile back he said he was building a studio.
>Did he actually build one

Sounds like it unless his 'studio' turns out to be basically
a computer and editing.

>and if so....can we expect a lot of albums?

No.  :>)

"Verlaine doubles the pleasure"
Steve Klinge
Philadelphia Inquirer
Published: Friday, May 12, 2006

Fourteen years ago, Tom Verlaine, artful guitar hero and founder of the
seminal '70s art-punk band Television, released Warm and Cool, an album of
understated, meditative instrumentals.

Since then, he has stayed in the shadows, writing soundtracks for and
performing with silent films, playing now and then in his friend Patti
Smith's band, occasionally stepping into the spotlight for a Television
reunion tour.

But now comes not only another set of instrumentals, Around, but also Songs
and Other Things, his first vocal album since 1990, and a tour that will
bring him Tuesday to the Theater of Living Arts.

Verlaine plays down reading any significance into his resurgence.

***"They're just my two new records," he says with a self-deprecating laugh
on the phone from his New York studio. "It seemed like it took a long time
to get them out."**

Around came from a four-day session - two days to record, two days to edit -
and it ranges through the twangy stomp "Wheel Broke," the African highlife
jangle "Meteor Beach," and plenty of brief but expansive improvisatory
pieces.
"Television tunes in after long absence"  by Vit Wagner

The emergence of the New York neo-wave scene back at the turn of the decade
invited a lot of comparisons between an emerging crop of bands, including
the Strokes and Interpol, with the pioneering '70s outfit Television _ the
most critically revered and influential group to emerge from Manhattan
outside of the Velvet Underground and, maybe, the Talking Heads.

Television front-man Tom Verlaine isn't likely to have his head turned by
the repeated name-checking. "I hear about it.

****But I never hear them," Verlaine says on the line from his New York
studio, ***** a week before Television returns to Toronto for a Phoenix
Concert Theatre gig.