Re: (TV) miserable old sod

In message <44BE06BD.000003.03528@YOUR-4ECD8HHOVM>, Glenn Cooper <glenncooper@austarnet.com.au> writes
"I approach Tom Verlaine with trepidation, as I would with any act labelled a ?guitar legend?.

Well, the writer _is_ a real intellectual:
"Girls playing electric guitars are invariably sexy and Ibm in love with Giant Dragbs Annie Hardy before I even see her. They are a minute into the set as I approach and already I can hear her Pixies sound and rasping vocal. Desire is even stronger when you hear her talk like Alyson Hannigan in American Pie"

and grumpy complaints about dry ice don?t fill me with confidence.

It's the English countryside on one of the hottest Summer days of the year (possibly ever). Dry ice, eh? Rock and Roll!

But what the hell, Mr V. probably was a miserable old sod. These young folks - just lost without their Arctic Monkeys.